Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ADVENTURES CLOSE TO HOME

Go down

How many times a week do you spend at least an hour reading?

ADVENTURES CLOSE TO HOME I_vote_lcap0%ADVENTURES CLOSE TO HOME I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
ADVENTURES CLOSE TO HOME I_vote_lcap50%ADVENTURES CLOSE TO HOME I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
ADVENTURES CLOSE TO HOME I_vote_lcap50%ADVENTURES CLOSE TO HOME I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

ADVENTURES CLOSE TO HOME Empty ADVENTURES CLOSE TO HOME

Post by Admin-Julesmile98 Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:05 am

ADVENTURES CLOSE TO HOME
By Audrey Smythe-Wei
Staff Writer
Thursday, August 28, 2008 — Sometimes you don't have to go very far to find adventure.

In past articles, we've talked about different adventures you can take outside of Millsberry, but there's one that's a bit closer to home.

In fact, you're already on it right now.

If you haven't guessed it yet, reading is one of the easiest ways to go on a great adventure. The adventure is in your mind.

Carla Robbins, the owner of Book Ends is, what some would call, heavily invested reading.

When asked why reading is so special to her, she replied, "The greatest thing about reading is the freedom you have to imagine the story any way you want."

"The author writes the story and provides the description, but it's you who pictures it in your mind. You get to visualize all of the details and the action."

"There's actually a great new book we just got in. It's a really good example of using your imagination for fun and personal entertainment."

"The way you imagine the story will be completely different from the way anyone else does, so it becomes your story. It's personal to you."

"In that way, you become part of the story, too."

This is the main reason some people prefer reading to watching TV or movies, or playing video games.

It's amazing to discover the fun and adventures you can have in your mind, all you need is a book. Some people can spend an entire day curled up in a chair with a good book.

"I can usually just read for hours on end." said Mrs. Fiddle, the head Librarian at the Millsberry Academy Library.

"I always find it astonishing how words on a page can turn into the most amazing story that is just as real as any movie or TV show."

Another great thing about reading is that, unlike watching TV, you can do it anywhere. Half of the fun is picking a great place to read.

"When the weather's nice, I really love to read under a Tree. During the winter, reading next to the fireplace is also a treat", added Carla.

So if you want to journey across the world and meet amazing people, you don't need a plane ticket - just a library card.

Today Home tours are: crystal12309 and superspyman977

Welcome bunny_boo27! | 2,100 citizens online now | HELP
Meet Jake our featured citizen of the week!

Jake has been holding down the fort at 12164-C Thunderbird Place residence in Ravenwood.

He's only been living there since July 28th, 2008. He loves the old historic architecture and majestic views of downtown Millsberry that the neighborhood is known for.

If you live in the neighborhood, be sure to welcome Jake into the community.

Jake describes himself as friendly, a little athletic, and creative. He'll most likely greet you with a hearty "hello". Chances are he'll follow with a joke. And it's sure to be a side-splitter.

When he's not playing sports like Basketball, Jake enjoys music. The Recording Studio must be right up his alley.

Jake's favorite colors are violet, yellow, and silver. That seems to be the perfect color combination for an awesome basketball jersey. Coincidence? We think not.

Next time you see Jake, welcome him to Millsberry, and thank him for being such a great citizen!
Admin-Julesmile98
Admin-Julesmile98
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 693
Name : Julianna
Millsberry username : bunny_boo27
Fav thing on this site: : My Members!!
Registration date : 2007-11-04

https://millsberry.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: